Sunday, April 24, 2005

under the wire

When I first heard about blogs two months ago my first thought was, "Why would anyone want to read about the lives of people they don't know?" I decided to check out my friend Hannah's blog...two hours later I was still reading. I learned some new things about my friend AND the fascination behind blogs (or at least one of them) -- links. I visited at least 10 other blogs in those two hours and embarked on a journey in a new wonderful world. My husband has been trying to convince me to start a blog for about a month (he's been at it for awhile now). I have resisted for two reasons: 1) I don't feel like I have anything to share that other people will be interested in reading and 2) I enjoy lurking on other people's blogs too much to spend time keeping up with my own. Even though those two things still hold true, I have decided to throw my hat in the ring. Why? Mostly because I've been observing all these cool swaps (of crafty creations and handmade items) taking place on blogs I visit daily and well, I'm tired of just observing. A requirement to participate in this one is that you have a blog. So, here I am...getting my blog started and signing up for the swap before registration ends at midnight (all while my husband laughs in the background).

2 comments:

hannah said...

welcome kristen! wonderful to see you tonight, and so looking forward to you being in the neighborhood. of course you have plenty to be interested in! now lets get to work on that japanese connection!

Ari said...

Welcome to Blogland hehehe!