Friday, July 01, 2005

a new habitat


first friday group shot
Originally uploaded by kmmcclain.

**Note: This photo has nothing to do with this post, but I thought I would throw it in because I'm a big fan of photos with posts. It's a shot from our First Friday outing tonight with a group of our friends (the galleries in the KC art district stay open late the first Friday of the month for new show openings).

For the last 3 years and 1 month I've been working with college students in the fabulous town of Lawrence, KS and yesterday was my last official day of work. It was also my husband's last day of work -- he has been managing a bookstore, coffeeshop and art gallery (also in Lawrence) -- so now we're both officially unemployed. Why have we both left our jobs and moved from Lawrence to Kansas City? To begin a new adventure in small business ownership. John has been investigating and planning since September and in the next few months we're looking to open a fun (and hopefully very hip) shoe boutique. I'm sure I'll be writing much more about this adventure in the coming months. In the meantime I will be looking for a part-time job (for that silly, little thing called a mortgage). I just want to work someplace fun (who doesn't) where I wouldn't be tempted to spend all my wages on the store's wares (like here...bad news); someplace that will fuel my creative juices (like here or here, which would also most likely be bad news, but at least it would be in the name of creativity). So, if you've got any suggestions for me, bring 'em on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now this is the kind of thing I want to see.

Check Dave looking totally swank with his daughter held in some kind of Miss USA pageant banner.